Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Bronze Iris

If you wait patiently enough...
you can witness some real beauties from the garden.  This iris was certainly well worth waiting for and it did not disappoint me.

This peachy-orange iris is a bit unusual in color to me.  I do have several of the purple variety, but none before like this one.  My mother had a knack for finding the most unusual colors when it came to iris.

Have you ever seen this color of iris before?
Well I certainly enjoyed the bloom for the two days that it lasted.

Sure wish I knew of a way to make the blooms last longer indoors.  Have any ideas?

Okay, now on to a non-iris subject.

Do you watch the evening news?

I try.

Last night it was exceptionally difficult.  It was full of such negative news.  First a victim of a gunshot wound then onto a young man being killed overseas.  I think what hit me so hard was that I had just found out that a friend of mine had passed away.  I was already hurting inside so all that negativity just boiled within my soul until I simply had to leave the room.

I'd love to start my very own news channel.  It probably wouldn't be very popular though.  It would focus on the positive things that occurred that day rather than the negative.

Would you watch a news channel that focused on only the positive?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated