Friday, April 8, 2011

Old Lettering Text Book

I didn't even know that he had it.
This old lettering text book once belonged to my Dad.  After he passed away, I added it to my library.  So my post today, in a way, is sort of a tribute to him.  He was more of an influence on my life and talents than I think either one of us ever imagined.

My Dad studied drafting as a young man and as a child, I would see him drawing floorplans a lot.  Never understood why though...why floorplans?  Anyway, I think he was a frustrated architect.

Anyway, I learned how to do calligraphy and started a calligraphy artworks business a few years ago.  I think that is why I was so excited to find this lettering text book in my parents' house.
This book was among the things I didn't know existed.  I would have loved to have been able to ask my Dad more about the origin of the book.  I'm guessing it was used as part of his studies.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely thing to find and use as a memory of your Dad. I know what you mean though about wishing you could ask him about it. I lost my Dad almost 8 years ago and there have been several things I wish we had talked about.

    I'll let you in on a little secret (well, not really a secret, but I didn't mention it in my post today.) Your comment to me was so similar to the comment I made on Maureen's post months ago when she wrote about receiving surprises. In response to my comment, she asked me for my address and said one day I'd receive a surprise in the mail. I had totally forgotten about it until it arrived last week. So...if you don't mind giving me your address...one day you'll get a surprise in the mail, too. ;-) jillsygirl@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated